Dream big. Make a difference.
About Signal Laboratories
Signal Laboratories (SigLabs) is an engineering organization focused on research and development. We are a new and exciting, venture-backed company developing state-of-the-art broadband networks for low-income communities. We are former SpaceX and Google employees building the next generation wireless network. With full vertical product development, engineers work with custom hardware and software. All teams are multidisciplinary and engineers are encouraged to seek out fascinating technical challenges within the company. We invest in engineering ideas which will benefit humanity.
Siglabs strives to create an environment where team members can flourish, learn, and invent, in a relaxed, growth-oriented setting. We value independent, highly-motivated thinkers and doers.
Fun things we like to do around the office include: flying drones, foosball, ping-pong, exercising, eating, 3D printing, model making, geek out.
- Intensely ambitious projects
- Revolutionary tech at exciting startup
- Interdisciplinary team
- Competitive pay and equity
- Catered lunches
- Flexible schedule (with key hours)
- On-site facilities: shower, laundry, parking
Jr. Electrical Engineer
Siglabs is changing the way wireless hardware is developed. Design hardware for massive wireless relay networks. Interface DACs/ADCs/FPGAs/CPUs for both prototype and production hardware. Quickly design, manufacture and test RF hardware (no direct RF experience required). You'll develop hardware working with talented FPGA and embedded software teams.
- PCB design for residential and commercial wireless broadband products
- Managing PCB layout contractors
- Managing fabrication and assembly vendors
- PCB Bring-up and testing
- Design and manufacturing of text fixtures
- Supporting adjacent FPGA and firmware teams
- In-field debugging of wireless broadband products
Skills & requirements
Altium or CircuitStudio schematic and PCB design experience
high speed FPGA schematic capture and PCB design experience
Hardware manufacturing experience
Hardware bring-up experience
- RF Experience
- Embedded programming
Distributed Python Engineer
Come work at an early startup where we love hard problems, and we love solving them optimally. We're building a new wireless broadband network using distributed systems.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to define the communication system which will change the life of every person you don't know. We are building a technology which will drop the cost of internet access for the entire globe.
At SigLabs you will be working with a small team of experienced engineers. You will be responsible for distributed business logic which makes our network run. (Imagine Dijkstra's algorithm, but you can take multiple edges at once.) Decisions are made from a large number of inputs, where availability, and partition tolerance, are more important than consistency. No experience with wireless required.
- Working in pure Python with no web component.
- Working with numpy, json, zeromq, raw sockets
- Developing specs in conjunction with the hardware team, and building modules
- Writing and maintaining robust, tested, mocked code.
- Merging code / git mastery
- Understanding Python internals, and optimizing data paths where needed.
Skills & requirements
- 5 years Python experience
- Linux, C/C++
- Distributed Systems
- Unit test
- Experience with Routing
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Ad Hoc networks
FPGA Principal Engineer
Come help an early startup build a new wireless broadband network to change the world. In this position, you will be responsible for managing a growing FPGA team, implementing, debugging, and simulating firmware. You will also be responsible for managing system requirements on a next generation consumer wireless product in a large-scale distributive network. You will be implementing new algorithms in MIMO, multicarrier polyphase networks, and beam forming.
Looking for an FPGA Principal Engineer with experience designing and managing large FPGA projects who is also willing to lead others.
- Lead FPGA development team
- Lead new system architecture design
- Manage high-volume deployment live
Skills & requirements
- At least MS + 7 years FPGA Design experience (or BS + 10 years)
- Management experience
- Hardware debugging experience
- Proficiency with Verilog or System Verilog
- Linux, scripting, automation
- Experience with wireless systems
- Experience with Lattice Diamond
- Experience with IP networking
- Experience with high-speed data converters
- Communications Systems Engineering background