ABOUT THE JOB
The Sr. Firmware Engineer will participate in designing a Wi-Fi router from scratch. Work on custom mesh networks, get in on the beginning of a product design cycle, and lead your own product design from scratch. Work on bare metal firmware as well as RTOS. Experience a Silicon Valley startup while working on hardware. Be an early part of the team that is changing the world with low-cost wireless broadband.
- Develop custom RTOS for RF modems
- Efficiently implement DSP algorithms in C
- Interface with FPGAs and external memory
- Embedded programming and debugging C/C++, Python
- Deep Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with 7-layer OSI model and TCP/IP
- Support full firmware life-cycle including design, development, debugging
- Experience developing firmware for 32-bit ARM MCUs
- Work with FPGA and hardware teams
- Familiarity with GNU toolchain (gdb, gcc, ld, as)
- Familiarity Slack, Mediawiki, Git
- Assembly language
- Hardware (schematics, PCB, testing)
- PCB soldering or assembly
- Hardware description language (System Verilog)
- Computer networking
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule (with key hours)
- Free lunch daily
- Stock in an early stage unicorn company
- Health and dental insurance
- 4 weeks paid vacation / year (accrues for 18 months)
- Gym membership
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Signal Laboratories is an engineering organization focused on research and development. We are a new and exciting, venture-backed company developing state-of-the-art broadband networks for low-income communities. We are former SpaceX and Google employees building the next generation wireless network. With full vertical product development, engineers work with custom hardware and software. All teams are multidisciplinary and engineers are encouraged to seek out fascinating technical challenges within the company. We invest in engineering ideas which will benefit humanity. We take a multidisciplinary approach to solving our species' hardest problems.
Siglabs strives to create the best possible environment for team members to flourish, learn, and invent, in a relaxed, growth-oriented environment. We value independent, highly-motivated thinkers and doers.
Fun things we like to do around the office include: flying drones, foosball, darts, exercising, eating, 3D printing, model making, geek out.